A History of Helping Hands
The goal of the Team Lansing Foundation is to build upon the charitable acts of the Greater Lansing Convention & Visitors Bureau, and the Greater Lansing hospitality community, to set the stage for a bright future based on a total commitment to community enrichment.
Family First Night at Wharton Center for Performing Arts
The Wharton Center and the Team Lansing Foundation recently partnered to reach at-risk kids and families from local communities. The Team Lansing Foundation subsidized 40 tickets for families to participate in Family First Nights at Wharton, a new program partially funded by a grant from The Broadway League. Families who attended the Family First Night could not have otherwise afforded to go to the Wharton Center.
Hurricane Katrina Relief
- Donation of computers and staff expertise to set up a computer lab in Atlanta, Georgia to help evacuees of the Katrina disaster use the
internet to locate loved ones, find jobs, etc.
- Rallying the hospitality community to donate linens, soap, shampoo and sleeping rooms for hurricane Katrina evacuees that were sent to the Greater Lansing area.
Volunteerism / Sponsorships
- Providing annual financial and volunteer support for major events driving tourists to the area such as the Great Lakes Folk Festival and the Common Ground Music Fest.
- The GLCVB facilitated the donation of mattresses and bedding from the local hospitality community to area domestic abuse shelters.
- The GLCVB spearheaded the creation of a hospitality division for the local United Way campaign.
The mission of the Team Lansing Foundation is to champion destination development in Greater Lansing through education, research and participation with initiatives that enhance and elevate the value of the tourism
assets within our community.
Thomas M. Collins
Traverse City Leasing, Inc.
John Rosendahl, CTA
Halo Branded Solutions
Secretary / Treasurer
Mayor Virg Bernero
City of Lansing
CEO, Greater Lansing Convention & Visitors Bureau
Capitol National Bank
Bonnie Knutson, Ph.D., CTA
MSU School of Hospitality Business